The Books I'm Reading
I am crazy about books.
I normally have at least 3 or 4 on the go at the same time. Before the advent of Kindle, I used to have to travel with a thick layer of books at the bottom of my suitcase.
Some people love shoes, some love handbags and I can't get enough of books.
Someone recently asked me to share the books I'm reading right now, so here you go.
I just took a trip to Waterstones and came back a few new beauties alongside the books I'm already reading on my kindle!
1. How to Bullet Plan: A practical Guide by Rachel Wilkerson Miller. It has already made my notebooks a lot easier to navigate and a lot less messy. Worth every penny.
2. Talk Like TED: The 9 Public Speaking Secrets of the Worlds Top Minds by Carmine Gallo. I've got lots of presenting and speaking planned for the autumn so I thought I'd up my game a bit. I love public speaking so hopefully this will make my audiences love listening as much as I like speaking.
3. How to Lead by Jo Owens. I've been leading projects, people and teams for over 15 years but I felt like I could do with a nice little refresher and to get some new ideas.
4. Working Out Loud: For a Better Career and Life by John Stepper. This book is about building relationship and building skills through collaboration online. So far, it's nice to read about other people who have a similar attitude to work as me. I am sure I will pick up some tips and ideas from this really easy to read book.
5. Side Hustle by Chris Guillebeau. An awesome book about the value of having a side hustle, a project that makes you money alongside your main work. What I love about this book is the attitude it encourages. Try something, if it doesn't work or you find something better, try that, repeat.
I'd love to hear what you are reading right now. Let me know on Instagram.