5 Tips On How To Have A Great LinkedIn Profile. From LinkedIn.
Today I was in town visiting LinkedIn's offices. Hearing from the LinkedIn team their recommendations for creating a profile that gets results.
As an early adopter of LinkedIn, I have to admit to being slightly overexcited about going to visit the home of LinkedIn in London.
The reason I was there, apart from the LinkedIn pool table, was to create a LinkedIn Masterclass for the students and graduates of Digital Mums.
(Have I used the word LinkedIn too many times?)
It will be available as part of the Digital Mums Academy and Digital Mums' Alumni library on Moodle.
But it will take a bit of time to create so thought it would be nice to share the top 5 insights from the day as a taster of what's to come.
1. Get a professional profile photo. Make sure you are smiling. Profiles with smiling photos get 25% increased engagement. That fact makes me very happy.
2. Craft a great headline and a summary statement that communicates what you offer and the value you provide.
3. Create a full employment history including details of what you achieved in each job.
4. Share your passions and interests. If you love food, wine tasting or fashion add that to your profile. You don't have to limit your profile to your paid work experience.
5. Ask for recommendations and endorsements from people you've worked with for all your broad range of skills. Be proud of everything you have done and achieved throughout your whole career.
There was so much more! For current Digital Mums students and the DMCollective. I will get cracking on the Masterclass and get it done as soon as possible
If you want to find out more about the Digital Mums Academy visit www.digitalmums.org or check out the expertise of the #DMCollective on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.