What Would You Do If You Were Prime Minister?
I have faced the cold, hard truth. It is probably too late for me to run for Prime Minister in this election.
But that hasn't stopped me from dreaming. Dreaming about a different type of politics, one which represented the realities, hopes, and wishes of the country.
Can it really be so hard to make real progress on some of the big issues that affect our day to day lives?
But that's not going to dreaming about what I would do if I was Prime Minister.
- Make our House of Commons a place of collaboration, not conflict. No more shouting insults at each other and jeering in the House of Commons.
- Use my role to promote the core values that make our country great. Values like tolerance, equality, enterprise, creativity and more.
- Create a fast track incubator for aspiring female MPs. We need to get a representative political system as soon as possible.
- Push through an ethical standard for our press and political campaigns
- Reorientate our prison system to focus on rehabilitation and reducing reoffending rather than punishment
- Get tough on gender pay gaps, maternity discrimination, and redundancy by making companies publish their performance in these areas.
- Bring parliament and MPs into the digital age with tools for the public to engage with politics in real time and with real impact
- And my favourite. Bring back the London 2012 spirit with a huge yearly celebration of all things that are amazing and brilliant about the UK.
And so many more.
I'd love to know, if you were Prime Minister, what would you do?